Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's My Pleasure!


I have loved the artist, Sark, for many years. Her style is playful, authentic, and truly inspiring. In a recent email newsletter, she talked about how so many of us are motivated by “FOG” and “PUS.” That is: fear, obligation, guilt, pressure, urgency, and scarcity.
It got me thinking about what the opposite of these would be. Some thoughts that came to me were:
Trust, Knowing
Choice, Freedom, Eagerness
Pleasure, Love, Joy, Delight
Ease
Calmness
Plenty
Empowerment
Certainty
Passion
Wouldn’t it be amazing to approach life from this perspective? Wouldn’t it be amazing to do things from a place of total choice, rather than obligation? Imagine being invited somewhere you really don’t want to go and feeling free to say no. Personally, I’m always afraid to say no to people because I don’t want to disappoint them. Yet if you think about it, I’m disappointing myself for doing something I don’t want to do! The funny thing is: people will still love you if you say no to them!
If you think about it, the opposite of “FOG” and “PUS” is complete authenticity. When you are free to be yourself, you can say yes when you mean yes, and no when you mean no. You can do what feels good to you in your heart and not feel a trace of guilt. It’s a place of total freedom to be and do what you feel called to do in situations that are big or small.
Imagine being able to say, “It’s my pleasure,” and really mean it!

photo © 2012 Britta Duncan

You can also read my article here! http://islaorganic.com/its-my-pleasure/

No comments: