Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Spontaneous Disappearance of Problems!

On my way home from work the other night, I drove up to my exit and saw this sign:

“Ramp Closed Friday 9pm until 5am”

I get out of work at 9pm on Fridays. That means I would have to take the back roads to Ocean Township which would add at least ten minutes to my ride home, which is already forty minutes.

Normally I’d get all worked up and annoyed, but for some reason, I let it go, and I didn’t make a big deal of it. I saw the sign three more times after that, and then the fourth time I saw it, they changed the day to Saturday!

Cool.

A few weeks ago, I was informed that one of the corporate executives was coming in for the annual inspection, and that I would have to give her a facial. Everyone was saying that she was very intense and asked a lot of questions, and that I would have to follow the facial protocol exactly, otherwise the spa would fail inspection. I was told she was even going to count how many times I pumped product out of each bottle! Initially, I told myself I could just spend the weekend memorizing everything and I would be fine for Tuesday when she was scheduled to come in.

I ended up spending the weekend with friends of the family. I had such a great time. We drove down to Cape May, we went out to eat, we laughed and had so much fun! I didn’t memorize anything. In fact, I didn’t even think about the inspection!

So Tuesday came, and for some reason, she had to reschedule! How amazing…

Then about a week ago, she came in for the inspection. I didn’t have to give her a facial at all. She simply asked me to explain the steps of one of the protocols. I only talked to her for about three minutes. And that was it. Amazing!





I’m so glad I didn’t worry or get stressed out about these things. These are small examples, but I’m inspired to use this approach all the time. What I learned is this: 


Worrying is useless, and being lighthearted and trusting in a positive outcome is everything!


(Image from bluelotus-export.com)

2 comments:

Richard said...

I am a blogger about law-related topics and was sitting here worrying about stuff when I came across your blog. I wish I could remember the point of this well written post more often! Thanks for your time and effort in producing such an inspirational, uplifting site! God bless!

Angela said...

Thank you for your timely comment Richard! I was actually in the middle of worrying about something, so thank you for reminding me of my own insight :)
And thanks so much for the kind words...
Blessings to you!