Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Feel-Good Pathways


I read a really profound and important quote in Linda Howe’s May 2011 newsletter:


"As a single footstep will not make a path on the Earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."
--Henry David Thoreau




It made me realize how deeply entrenched I’ve been in my old ways of thinking. I keep catching myself focusing on the one thing that went wrong during my day, or on my current problems, past challenges, and future worries. It’s no wonder I haven't seen the results I want.

I was also inspired by Jackie Lapin’s newsletter this morning. Her article is titled “Energy Flows Where Concentration Goes.” This is a concept I’ve been familiar with for years, but when I read it this morning, it felt so clear to me. After reading it, I took a closer look at Thoreau’s quote, and really took it in. It made me realize that I want to build new pathways of thoughts that are lined up with my desires.

In her article, Jackie talks about how a bunch of challenges were piling up in her life. She realized that all of it was simply a reflection of her own energy. When I read that, I realized the same thing is going on with me. I’ve been worried and stressed out about all of my “issues” and nothing has improved. Yesterday I had a close call, which resulted in a very tiny injury, but it was still enough to wake me up. I’m thankful that it was minor, and I’m looking at it as a wakeup call…an indicator of where my energy is.

Time to switch!!!

Some of the things that Jackie did that helped her change her energy:

She did a guided meditation
She set clear intentions about what she wanted
She stopped looking at what was lacking and realized she had plenty of resources
She began to focus on something new

Sounds like a good start!





No comments: