Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eating Simply

I’ve been more and more inspired to cook these days, and I love this concept of eating simply. Yesterday I saw a recipe online for sweet potato soup. It looked amazing and I felt a rush of inspiration, so I made some. I love being inspired by a picture and a recipe, and then making it in my own way. I never ever follow a recipe to the T. I always make it completely my own.

So this is how I made my glorious, quick, easy soup:

1 sweet potato
2 carrots
Fresh parsley
1 shallot
Ginger (powdered, but you can use fresh)
Some veggie broth
Some water

I chopped the shallot and sautéed it in a little bit of olive oil, and while that was going, I chopped the sweet potato and carrots, threw them in the blender, and then threw that in the pot, along with the veggie broth and water. I added some fresh chopped parsley, some ginger, and lightly simmered it for only about 15 minutes.

It tasted so refreshing and vibrant. I love that I cooked it gently and for a short time. The flavors were wonderful, simple, and delightful!

No comments: