Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Release Resistance and Get Answers!

I had an extraordinary experience the other day. I started reading a bunch of affirmations from one of Joseph Murphy’s books, out loud while I was exercising. I was saying them really loud and powerfully and it felt amazing! I only did this for about 10 minutes or so. Then I lied down on the floor, just relaxing and breathing. I gently turned my head and noticed my dresser drawers. I realized I could put some older books into some of the empty drawers, so that I can clear some space to put some new books and magazines on my bookshelves.

I started doing that, and I found my copy of “The Artists’ Way.” I read this book years ago, and it was beautifully tattered and torn and marked up. I flipped through it and started remembering my desire to be a musician. I used to write songs and play the guitar, but I stopped doing that about 11 years ago. Interesting: I’ve lived in New Jersey for 11 years. I’ll blame it on the state!

Well, as I was organizing some of my old books, I started flipping through several of them. And I noticed I came across the word forgiveness in three different books! To me, this means: pay attention! Who have I not forgiven? What is forgiveness, really? I remember reading a quote from Abraham on forgiveness. They said forgiveness is seeing the person through the eyes of love—through the perspective of Source. Very profound…very beautiful!

So, who am I not seeing through the eyes of love? I’m sure I could come up with a whole list of people, including myself.



Another wonderful thing I found was the Wayne Dyer book that led me to Abraham! How amazing! It’s this little book called “Every Day Wisdom for Success,” and in the back, there’s a mention of “Ask and it is Given” by Jerry and Esther Hicks and it says “Highly recommended by Dr. Wayne Dyer!” At that time, which was about five years ago, I liked and respected him and I valued his opinion, so I got the book, and I’ve been a fan of Abraham-Hicks ever since. J

I also realized that my day started today with doing a few rounds of EFT (a meridian tapping technique). I got emails from three people about a Jack Canfield discussing EFT, and I decided to take a look. I’ve dabbled with this method here and there, but today, I did it for real, and I really feel like I released some stuck emotions. I felt lighter and freer, and that’s what inspired to clear out some clutter!

What I learned is that when we release resistance, answers and ideas flow in so quickly and easily.











(Image from things-we-heart.blogspot.com)

No comments: