Friday, January 14, 2011

Sometimes You Just Need a Good Cry!

I was feeling very grumpy last night so I decided to go to one of my favorite places: Borders! I thought my mood would shift, but I just kept getting more and more irritated. I picked up a book and the agitation continued.

Then I read something about connecting with the Divine, and I was like…why do I need another book to help me connect with the Divine? I just want to connect! I put the book down and left. On my drive home, I started to cry out of sheer frustration. In the privacy of my car, I started talking to the Divine. I started saying things like:

I’m trying so hard. I know so much stuff. I’ve learned so much over the years. Why isn’t my life getting better? I just want to live a happy, successful life…
What’s going on???

The tears were streaming down my face as I spoke from a truly authentic place. Then, something happened: I felt this huge sense of absolute peace. I floated the rest of the way home and that peace stayed with me for the next few hours. I mistakenly watched some tv and interestingly enough, it took me out of that peaceful place…but good news: I got there again today, and I’m still there now!

I had a lovely afternoon, which I’ll write about and post here of course J

No comments: