Friday, January 14, 2011

The Magic of Surrender...

One of the main reasons I write this blog is to remember all the special, inspiring moments that I’ve been experiencing lately, and to sort of document all the insights I’m having. So of course, I had to document the lovely afternoon I had today!

As I said in a previous post, I feel very inspired to begin a new journey of physical fitness as part of my spiritual journey. So I went to the local Borders bookstore in the mall to buy a few more magazines and a book about fitness. I found a bunch of gorgeous magazines, and the book I wanted, and I was so excited! I paid the cashier and I felt like I was walking on air! I walked by one of the TV screens and I saw Jennifer Lopez in a commercial for American Idol. She said, “You are capable of doing anything!” I took that as a personal message for me, and I thought, Thank you!!

When I got to my car, I realized that I forgot to give the cashier my coupon. I was annoyed with myself, but then I had this sense that “there is a reason for this.”

So I went back into the mall, and as I was walking, I noticed this guy walking ahead of me. He literally stopped in his tracks, turned around, and looked completely dumfounded. I smiled at him because he looked like he might have been lost or confused! He looked right at me and said, “You probably have a boyfriend or a husband or whatever, but I just have to say, you are incredibly attractive!” The way he said it was so genuine and so passionate! It really made me feel so good. I said thank you and we parted ways.

To me, this is evidence that my inner shifts are causing my outer world to change, and apparently other people can tell! And I realized I let go of a lot of the struggle last night after that good cry. That sense of striving is mostly gone…it’s such a nice feeling…The magic is in the surrender.




So I went back to the bookstore, and the cashier and I had a good laugh about the coupon. I had noticed her beautiful wedding ring earlier but I didn’t say anything. So the second time around, I told her how beautiful her ring is. She lit up and smiled and said thank you, and told me that they’re still so sparkly even after four years! It was such a nice moment…And I also noticed another cute guy at the next register J

I just remembered something else: A few weeks ago, I did a free trial at match.com. One of the guys who winked at me looked very fit. In his profile, he wrote that he wants someone who can keep up with him, because he has a very active lifestyle. I think this also sparked within me a desire to be stronger and in better shape.

This is all making so much sense!

Now I’m just enjoying my evening, enjoying these beautiful magazines, and most of all, enjoying the fact that all I have to do to connect to that beautiful place of peace is to simply take a breath and I’m there J

No comments: