Saturday, January 1, 2011

Faith and Dreams Fulfilled Now!

I’ve been exploring what the word Faith means to me, especially in terms of my desires and the dreams I have for my life. All these years, I’ve been in this place of longing for a life that I love, hoping and wishing that things would get better. But lately, I can see how this approach is just not working for me!

A lot of spiritual teachers and authors explain that you must feel as if your dream is fulfilled now; not some time in the future, because the future never gets here! And the law of attraction is responding to the feelings you are projecting right now. So if you keep wishing and longing for something, you will keep experiencing that place of wishing and longing, as opposed to the fulfillment of your dreams. It makes a lot of sense…but it’s a new habit, and it takes practice.

So here are some definitions and synonyms of faith that I really like:

Belief that is not based on proof
A knowing
A sure thing
Trust

Some thoughts on faith from Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch:

It is a gut-level clarity, a total certainty, a complete acceptance as reality of something
This place of knowing is a place of intense and incredible gratitude
It is a thankfulness in advance
And that, perhaps, is the biggest key to creation: to be grateful before, and for, the creation

All Masters know in advance that the deed has been done

Abraham-Hicks talks about how faith is standing in the vibrational knowledge before the evidence is shown.

I want to talk about being grateful for the manifestation of a desire before it gets here. My way of doing this, which feels believable to me, is through visualizing (which is another concept that keeps showing up everywhere lately!). I get into a peaceful, relaxed state, and I gently start to conjure up images of my dreams that feel good to me. (It takes very little effort. The images just seem to come up!) For example, one of my dreams is to have my own home. So I picture myself there, already living there. The other night I did this, and it felt so real! I could almost physically feel my feet on the stairs and my hands on the railings…it was amazing.

I really like this concept! More to come…






No comments: