Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gentle Nudges

I have so many books…and I love them all! I love soaking up new information and remembering things I learned months or years ago. I was at Barnes & Noble the other day and I saw a quote by Erasmus: “When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” Perfectly stated J

So these days, I’ve been really intrigued with the idea of visualizing what you want to experience, feeling like it’s real right now. I’ve been playing with this and it’s so fun and really easy to do. I remembered reading about how some people write themselves a check for a specific amount of money, in order to get into the feeling of having that amount. I’ve never done this, but I remember buying a wallet that came with a blank check, and I thought it would be fun to give it a try! But I couldn’t remember where I put it.

For the past few days, I kept getting this gentle urge to look at Jack Canfield’s book “The Success Principles,” which I haven’t looked at in quite a while. I started flipping through it this morning and I wondered if he had anything to say about visualization. I looked in the index, and turned to the page where he talks about the process of visualizing…and what did I find there, holding that exact page as a bookmark? Yup, the blank check I was looking for!!!

Amazing!





No comments: