Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Fun of Visualizing

I finished reading Mike Dooley’s book, Manifesting Change, on Sunday. I read it within three days. It was so delicious and fun and intelligent and soooo inspiring! I soaked up every word and enthusiastically did every exercise! I’ve been a huge fan of Abraham-Hicks for about four years, and I feel like this book was a perfect companion to what they teach. It made everything seem so fresh and doable!

Mike talks a lot about visualizing, which it turns out, I’m really good at. J I’ve always been a very visual person, growing up with an artist-brother, and I’ve always appreciated beauty in every sense. So visualizing comes naturally to me. Often when I’m talking to people, an image will pop up in my mind’s eye. It almost feels like a message sometimes…

At the end of the book, there is a gorgeous guided visualization, which had me in tears! I do a check in call with a friend three times a week. We share what’s going well and what we want to create. When we talked on Monday, I decided to play with some of the images I got from the visualization. I described myself, in the present tense, sitting on my beautiful terrace, enjoying the sunset, peeking back into my house and seeing some of the people I love so dearly…gathered at my home to celebrate my successes with me…I was feeling so much love and appreciation…it all felt so vivid and real!



After we got off the phone, I went to the Border’s café in Freehold, which is on the second floor. As soon as I walked in, I noticed their huge windows, and I saw a gorgeous view of the open sky. I immediately thought of my visualization, and the images that I saw. I got my beverage and sat down, really savoring the beauty of the open sky and the sunset, and reveling in the seeming magic and quickness of this manifestation.

When I got home later that evening, I turned the TV on and House Hunters International was on. This husband and wife were looking for a summer home on the Italian Riviera. The home they chose had a double terrace with 360 degree views!

Nice!

I feel extremely encouraged by this experience. I love knowing that visualizing is so easy and fun, and that the results seem to be so quick and magical.

(image is from puertovallartadreamhomes.com)

No comments: