Friday, October 8, 2010

It was there the whole time!

My dad seems to love taking care of cars and doing projects around the house that require tools and such. Ever since I started driving, my dad has always taken care of my car. Believe me, I never stopped him! He’s in Greece right now, with my mom. So a few weeks ago, I noticed the inspection sticker on my window. The date was July of 2010. Oops! It was September when I noticed it. So I made sure I had the documents I needed, including my registration and insurance id card. I couldn’t find either of them. I finally found the registration card. But the id card was nowhere to be found. I looked in the glove compartment three times, and I even looked in my parents’ file cabinet with all the records of everything, and it wasn’t there.

So I called the company and asked if they could mail me a copy of it. Sure, no problem, they said. Twice, I received the wrong document in the mail! No big deal; I’m only two months late on the inspection date! ;) The third time I called, I made sure they were sending me the right thing. Mind you, the days and weeks went by and it’s now October.

I talked to my dad on the phone today and mentioned my little scenario. He sounded mildly concerned, which motivated me to try to find this piece of paper one more time. I casually opened up a couple of envelopes. Nothing. Then I saw this big white envelope and I curiously peeked inside, and there it was!! The exact thing I needed! It was there the whole time! (It reminds me of The Alchemist, sort of!)

I think my dad was so happily preoccupied with planning his trip to Greece that he forgot to give me this id card. Now I can finally take my car for its inspection!

Just to top it all off, when I got home from work, I got the mail from the mailbox and what did I receive? Yup, the id card came in the mail today! Isn’t that something…

I think the universe was trying to tell me something. My interpretation of the whole thing is this: when you look for something in a frenzy (from a place of not having it, and not believing you can find it) you won’t find it. If you are calm, casual, and most of all believing that it’s possible, then it will happen. The bottom line is to be light, trusting, and open. And the other part of this is: it was there the whole time. I created a stressful situation out of something that could have been so easy! I’ve been feeling stressed out lately because of my current job and a few other things that have been going on and this situation reflected my state of mind…

So, I am making it my project, my experiment, to be in a relaxed and trusting state of mind, knowing that I will find exactly what I’m looking for!

2 comments:

EL @The Smiling Spirit said...

I LOVED The Alchemist!

My BFF also highly recommended the book, The Witch of Portabello written by the same author. She said it was fabulous.

<3

Angela said...

I read The Alchemist a few years ago...so good! I'll have to check out the one you mentioned. What an interesting title!
Thanks for the recommendation :)
Hugs!!