Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ah...letting go!

The magnifying lamp in one of the facial rooms doesn’t work sometimes. You have to shake it a few times and that usually does the trick. Maybe I’ve been shaking it too much lately because that thing looks like it’s on its way out!

So during a facial today, I was about to do extractions (the process of squeezing out blackheads—fun!)  and the lamp wouldn’t go on. I shook it. Nothing. I shook it again. Still nothing. I kept shaking it and prayed that it would turn on. Still nothing! So finally, I told my client that the lamp wasn’t working and that I needed to step out to see if we still had an extra one in the closet. As soon as I stood up, the light went on!

I was instantly struck by the symbolism behind this. It’s been said that as soon as you let go of what you want, it comes to you. 

When I got home, I opened up this newsletter that I usually ignore, but I felt compelled to open it up today. I also felt compelled to take a look at this person’s twitter account. There on her twitter page was a quote from Deepak Chopra: “Spirit cannot fulfill any desire until you release it.”

How amazing! To me, this is a clear message that I need to release my need to control all the outer circumstances in my life, and instead trust that I am taken care of and that there’s nothing to worry about. Ah, life is good!

No comments: