Monday, March 1, 2010

Dreams...Delicious Dreams...

I came across a story about a couple who had both been given terminal diagnoses, and decided to spend their life savings on an 18-month trip around the world. When they returned, their doctor gave them a perfect bill of health. They said, “We’re more fit now than we’ve ever been.” Isn’t that amazing?

When I heard this story, I was inspired to write down the things I’ve always wanted to do.

I started typing and ended up with four pages worth of things! Here are some of the most exciting ones:

See the lavender fields in the South of France
Swim with the dolphins
Visit the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
Go to a Cherry Blossom Tree Festival
See Vermont in the fall

Then I started to see the evidence show up. I went to a bookstore the next day and Time Out New York Magazine caught my attention. What’s on the front cover? The New York Botanical Garden’s orchid show! The day after that, I was flipping through a magazine at work and I opened up to a full size picture of a lavender field.

This is evidence that what I want is on its way to me. All I have to do is relax and allow it in. It’s already done.




So I have my list, and it’s exciting. I realized that I am enjoying the desiring of these things, as opposed to longing and yearning for things that I “have to” have, like a perfect body and lots of money. I’m totally unattached to the things on my list of dreams, and so there’s a lightness and an ease about it.

Henry David Thoreau said, “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” To me, this means living in the pleasure of our daydreams. Our daydreams are real! We bring them into being with the power of our focus. I’ve been having a blast with daydreaming lately. I love accessing the power of my imagination, and I love seeing the evidence of my imagination becoming my reality.

No comments: