Sunday, February 14, 2010

There is a Purpose for Everything!

Last night, I met a couple of friends at a lovely restaurant that just opened a few months ago. When we arrived, the parking lot was full. When we got inside, they said that the wait was an hour and a half!

The hostess area was chaotic because there were people everywhere. I noticed that this couple stepped right in front of us to put their name on the list. I instantly felt annoyed. Then I remembered: everything happens for a reason! I wonder what the reason is...

We stood by the bar and chatted while we waited. It was really loud by the bar, and I found myself straining to talk louder. I noticed that the couple who stepped in front of us in line got seated at a table right next to the bar. About five minutes later, our buzzer rang and we were brought to a lovely table towards the back of the restaurant. It was really nice and quiet in that section, and our waitress was wonderful and really friendly.

Another interesting thing happened: our waitress forgot to put our appetizer order in, so we never got it. This worked out perfectly because the dinner servings were huge, and it would have been way too much food!

I love this way of thinking about life. Who knows if any of this stuff is “true.” I don’t care! It works for me, and that’s what matters!

Another way of saying this is: There is a gift in every situation. No matter how something looks on the outside, there could be an underlying gift that you just can’t see yet. I have seen this in my life over and over again.

I'm going to continue looking for (and finding) the gifts in every situation and see what happens!

2 comments:

Caroline Dawley said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and beautiful pictures!

Angela said...

Thanks so much for your comment Caroline! I appreciate your kind words :)