Thursday, February 11, 2010

Meditation Made Easy (6 Simple Steps)

The following is a simple outline of the easiest, most enjoyable, and most effective way of meditating that I’ve found so far.

Step 1: Buy a timer.

Having a timer is essential because you are not concerned about what time it is, or how much time has gone by, or how much time you have left.

Step 2: Choose a time when you have 15 minutes for yourself.

The best time that works for me is after I wash my face and brush my teeth in the morning. If I wake up really hungry, I’ll have a simple breakfast, and then sit down to meditate after I eat. Find the time of day that works best for you!

Step 3: Set some clear intentions before you begin.

My intentions usually sound like this:

I now connect with my Higher Self.

I now focus on what feels good.

I will relax now.

I release resistance and allow in all good things…

Step 4: Set your timer for 15 minutes.

After you've set your intention, simply start the timer.

Step 5: Breathe easily and deeply.

Don’t try to “do” anything. Simply enjoy the wonderful feeling of oxygen and fresh air flowing in and out of you.

Step 6: Notice the pleasant sensations you are feeling.

You may feel a tingling sensation in your hands and feet, you might feel warmth, you might feel a sense of detachment. This is all good! You may also notice a light in your third eye area. When I close my eyes, I see a gorgeous blue circular light, that seems to glow and morph, and it‘s right where my third eye area is. I've heard that this is the light of your Higher Self.

Simply enjoy the experience. Don’t try to make anything happen. The simple act of quieting your mind will do wonders for you in terms of allowing in lots of pleasant experiences. When you stop the train of negative thoughts, you stop all negative attraction. When you release resistance, you are in a place of allowing in the Well-Being that is always flowing to you!

It’s a wonderful thing!

(For more info on the process of meditation, check out "Ask and it is Given" by Jerry and Esther Hicks--the Teachings of Abraham)

No comments: