Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Inspired by an Amethyst

My wonderful cousin gave me a beautiful tea-light holder, made from an amethyst. I googled the word amethyst and I came across these gorgeous images of amethyst geodes, which are the whole crystals in their natural state.


On the outside, these amethyst geodes look like ordinary stones, but once they are opened, there is a whole new world inside! I imagined what it must have been like when the first discovery was made. I wonder how that even happened! How did someone discover this amazing world of gorgeous, natural crystals inside of ordinary looking stones? I wonder if it happened serendipitously…maybe a stone fell and split open, waiting to be discovered by human eyes?


No matter how it happened, it’s still amazing to see. And it’s amazing that something so beautiful is hidden inside something so ordinary. It makes me think: we all have treasures within. We are all filled with wisdom and creativity and beauty.






I also believe we are all inherently good, and that the only reason people do “bad” or harmful things is because they are in some kind of pain. Abraham (Abraham-hicks.com) talks about how when someone hurts another in some way, they are disconnected from their Source. If they were aligned with who they really are, such harmful actions wouldn’t even occur to them!


Abraham always says, “Alignment first, then action.” I feel like if everyone did this, the world would be a different place! If we all got ourselves aligned with our Soul, our Higher Self, Source Energy, God…and then took inspired actions that felt like fun, imagine what a beautiful world it would be! Imagine if we let go of “shoulds” and “musts” and I have to do this and that…Imagine if we all did what we were inspired to do…I love this idea!

No comments: