Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spinach-Guacamole on Romaine leaves with Marinated Portabella Mushrooms...

I just made the most amazing meal: Spinach-Avocado Guacamole on romaine leaves with marinated portabella mushrooms! I was completely inspired by Alissa Cohen's DVD. She made this really fast and easy guacamole, so I decided to whip up something similar!

For the guacamole:

4 or 5 handfuls of baby spinach
1/2 an avocado
1 handful sun dried tomatoes
1 carrot
fresh lemon juice
fresh basil
a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper

For the marinated mushrooms:

2 large portabella caps
vinegar, oil, and less than 1 tsp of maple syrup

I chopped the mushrooms and marinated them for only about 20 minutes, simply because it was a spur of the moment thing! They can be marinated for up to 2 days. (I adapted the recipe for the marinade from Natalia Rose's book, The Raw Food Detox Diet.)

I put the guacamole onto the romaine leaves and topped them off with the mushrooms...Absolutely delicious!!!

It was so easy to make, it didn't take that much time, and it came out sooo good!

Blessings...

No comments: