Saturday, April 11, 2009

The reality of this food allergy

I had some ginger sauce the other day, and I didn't realize it contained soy sauce; a double-whammy for me, since I'm allergic to soy and wheat (there is wheat in soy sauce).

It hit me right away. I started feeling really dehydrated, and I felt like I could drink a gallon of water right there! When I went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep. My thoughts were racing and I couldn't relax. My body was aching, and I was restless. My nose was getting congested, too.

I basically didn't really sleep that night. At 5 am, I was still tossing and turning. I finally fell asleep at some point, because I woke up with the memory of some weird dreams!

The next day, I had a delicious green smoothie, and drank lots of water, which made me feel like I was detoxing.

This experience made me realize that this food allergy is real. It's not just in my mind. And I never want to do this to my body ever again!

I'm more committed to my health now, more than ever. I realize how my body is affected by what I eat. I want to treat my body well and nourish it with the best food possible!

Love and blessings...

No comments: