Monday, April 27, 2009

Raw Chocolate Pudding...sort of :)

On Saturday, I went to Chef Adam Sobel's Raw foods class and it was such a wonderful experience! I learned a lot and it was very inspiring.

I bought a cup of Adam's Live Chocolate Pudding...it was divine! I felt like my soul was being nourished! Every single spoonful was utterly delightful.

I searched online and in my raw recipe books for a recipe, and I found so many. This morning, I tried to recreate it and it came out really gross! I was so disappointed and I couldn't imagine wasting all those amazing ingredients (including avocado, raw cacao powder, raw honey, etc) I looked in the fridge and I remembered I bought organic strawberries the other day. So I put some in my mini food processor, and I also threw in some frozen blueberries, and mixed it all together, and it turned out to be delicious!

So here's the recipe:

1/2 an avocado
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup raw cacao powder (I used a blend of cacao, maca, and hemp)
1 T almond butter
1 T raw honey
a small handful of cashews
6 organic strawberries
2 T frozen blueberries
1 tsp raw cacao nibs

It's fun to experiment and try new things! I'm learning it's ok to adapt and rearrange the recipes I find :) Next time I'm going to try it with out the almond butter, and maybe I'll just use cacao powder by itself, instead of the blend. I also want to try agave nectar, and David Wolfe talks about yukon root syrup and that sounds interesting!

Happy experimenting!

No comments: